During the annual TEXO Foundation | ASC Region 5 Student Competition, university students in construction programs travel to DFW to showcase their skills and connect with TEXO member companies about career opportunities. Students participate in 4 divisions: commercial, design-build, heavy civil, and concrete solutions. Teams are challenged with quick turn-around bid proposals and in-person presentations. In recent years, we have also added supplemental activities to further engage students, including: the Improv Speech Contest and the Communicate + Collaborate Contest.
Students primarily connect with construction companies in the Networking Lounge that is open throughout the day of competition, as well as at that evening’s Award Banquet. At the banquet, competition winners are announced (to uproarious applause), scholarship recipients are recognized, and door prizes are given away.
2024 TEXO Foundation | ASC Region 5 Student Competition
WHEN: Monday, February 19, 2024 (Tent.) | 8:00am – 9:00pm
WHERE: Hurst Conference Center | 1601 Campus Dr, Hurst, TX 76054
WHO: Regional university students in construction management programs
7:00am – 3:00pm | Networking Lounge
8:00am – 4:00pm | Presentations
5:00pm – 6:00pm | Networking Reception
6:00pm – 8:00pm | Dinner & Awards Program
Registration for the 2024 Student Competition will go live in late 2023. Check back here for more details as the date moves closer, or click below to subscribe to our College Outreach Committee email list for updates:
How to Get Involved:
For TEXO members and other construction industry professionals, there are 3 ways to support the Student Competition and showcase your company to these high-achieving construction students:
- Tier 1: Networking Lounge Booth
- A local, targeted recruitment opportunity at a lower registration and travel expenses than most university career fairs.
- Tier 2: Event Sponsorship
- In addition to a booth in the Networking Lounge, receive enhanced recognition and logo presence across the event.
- Tier 3: Division Sponsorship
- A 3-year commitment, students will present based upon your company’s project, providing an even deeper level of interaction and relationship-building with both students and professors.
Click below to download our sponsorship one-pager and see for yourself how you can boost your ROI by getting involved with the TEXO Foundation | ASC Region 5 Student Competition.